Potato and leek soup puréed with milk.
This recipe owes its name to the French city of Vichy, but its origin is in the United States. Nowadays, the term «vichyssoise» can stand for almost any soup served cold.
- Prepare the vegetables: finely chop the leeks and onions; peel the potatoes then cut them into 1 cm pieces.
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onions and leeks, cover, and cook over low heat about 10 min until softened.
- Add the potatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, about 25-30 min until the potatoes are softened.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Pour in the milk then mix well. Cover and chill thoroughly (about 2 hours). Garnish each bowl with minced chives, then serve.
This soup will keep up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer. It can be served cold or warm.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (550g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Free :
- Added Sugar
- Excellent source of :
- Fibre, Folacin, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Copper, Iron, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E
- Source of :
- Selenium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin D, Zinc
|Milk and Alternatives||½|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Louisa61july 04, 2009 | I would make this recipe again
This recipe makes MUCH more than 3 servings, unless one considers 2 cups a serving. It is very tasty, hot or chilled.