The addition of nutritional yeast to the meatballs allows them to have a rich and cheesy flavour ... without using cheese!
|1 tbsp||flax seeds, ground||10 g|
|2 tbsp||water||30 mL|
|400 g||firm regular tofu||2 cups|
|1 tbsp||apple cider vinegar||15 mL|
|1 tsp||soy sauce, or tamari||5 mL|
|3 tbsp||olive oil||45 mL|
|2 tbsp||Italian parsley, fresh||10 g|
|2 tbsp||nutritional yeast||18 g|
|1 pinch||cayenne pepper||0.1 g|
|1 pinch||salt||0.1 g|
|ground pepper to taste|
|6 tbsp||almond meal||35 g|
|4 tsp||extra virgin olive oil, for the pasta||20 mL|
|3 cups||Veggie Pasta Sauce||750 mL|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F and lightly oil a baking dish.
- Grind the flax seeds, then place them into a bowl or cup. Stir in the water, then let the mixture stand 10 min to allow it to gel.
- Pulse the tofu in the food processor until crumbly. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the almond meal, then pulse. Place the tofu mixture into a mixing bowl then add the almond meal, mixing by hand until evenly combined.
- Form the mixture into small balls (about the size of golf balls). Transfer the veggie balls to the previously oiled dish, then cook in the middle of the oven 30-45 min until they are crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, warm up the veggie pasta sauce in a large pan over low heat.
- A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, cook the pasta.
- Drain the linguine then put them back in the pasta cooking pot and drizzle with the olive oil. Mix well then serve with the veggie balls and sauce.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (310g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Artery-healthy, Heart-healthy
- Excellent source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Folacin, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Niacin, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Good source of :
- Calcium, Vitamin B6
- Source of :
- Pantothenic Acid
- Low :
- Saturated Fat, Sodium
- Free :
- Cholesterol, Trans Fat
|Meat and Alternatives||2|
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Leave a review
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
carolineouellette13october 17, 2016
really enjoyed them, the parsley was not overpowering or as strong as the regular balls. Loved the taste and texture. And great sauce