The beet belongs to the list of top ten vegetables that have the best antioxidant potential.
- Prepare the vegetables: chop the onions and garlic; peel the beets and potatoes, then cut them into large chunks.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, then sauté 3-4 min until soft. Grate the ginger and add it to the pan. Cook 1 min with stirring. Add the beets and potatoes, then pour in the broth, bring it to a boil, cover and simmer 1 h. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the pan off the heat, let it cool down a few minutes then purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Adjust the seasoning, then ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with chopped chives, then serve (warm or at room temperature).
The soup keeps up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutrition Facts Table
per 1 serving (390g)
% Daily Value
ClaimsThis recipe is :
- Diet-related health claims :
- Excellent source of :
- Folacin, Manganese, Potassium
- Good source of :
- Magnesium, Niacin, Vitamin B6
- Source of :
- Copper, Fibre, Iron, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Zinc
- Low :
- Saturated Fat
- Free :
- Added Sugar, Cholesterol, Trans Fat
15% to 25% savings from one merchant to another. Imagine how much you could save on a full grocery cart!
Subscribe to our PLUS or PREMIUM plans and save $150/month* on your groceries.I want to maximize my savings * Based on an average-sized household of 2.5 people
Top ReviewsView All Reviews
Diana C.september 10, 2014 | I would make this recipe again
The ginger makes this a great soup - easy and tasty .